When I started thinking about National Infertility Awareness Week, this phrase came to mind, “SomeoNe Is Always Waiting”. This simple statement packs a powerful punch and to me, is synonymous with the purpose of this week. With 1 in 8 couples struggling to conceive, it means there are many people waiting…
- Doctor appointments
- Test results
- Saving accounts to grow or approval on a loan to pay for treatments
- The script to be flipped about infertility
- Better insurance coverage
- Resources to assist with this extremely complicated process
- Available treatment options
- Peace to know if it’s time to take a break or live childfree
- Support to cope with emotions
- The chance to receive a new title in life of mom and dad
For these reasons, and many, many more, it’s important to #FliptheScript about infertility. 1 in 8 couples have trouble conceiving. The magnitude of that stat is mind blowing. It means someone you know, has or is currently dealing with this. I decided to #FlipTheScript by sharing our story to provide hope, encouragement, peace, resources and most of all support for others walking a similar path. To me, it means raising awareness about the definition of infertility on all levels – medically, emotionally, physically and financially. Hopefully this leads to more research and resources for couples faced with infertility because it will no longer be a quiet disease.
Over 2.5 years ago, this was something I was too afraid to admit, because once I did, it would officially be part of my story. Although all our doctor visits, shots, medical bills and tears should be proof enough of our situation. I never wanted this to be part of my story, and I can’t say I do yet, but I am thankful for the way God is working through me to use it for His glory.
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.