When I started thinking about National Infertility Awareness Week, this phrase came to mind, “SomeoNe Is Always Waiting”. This simple statement packs a powerful punch and to me, is synonymous with the purpose of this week. With 1 in 8 couples struggling to conceive, it means there are many people waiting…
- Doctor appointments
- Test results
- Saving accounts to grow or approval on a loan to pay for treatments
- The script to be flipped about infertility
- Better insurance coverage
- Resources to assist with this extremely complicated process
- Available treatment options
- Peace to know if it’s time to take a break or live childfree
- Support to cope with emotions
- The chance to receive a new title in life of mom and dad
For these reasons, and many, many more, it’s important to #FliptheScript about infertility. 1 in 8 couples have trouble conceiving. The magnitude of that stat is mind blowing. It means someone you know, has or is currently dealing with this. I decided to #FlipTheScript by sharing our story to provide hope, encouragement, peace, resources and most of all support for others walking a similar path. To me, it means raising awareness about the definition of infertility on all levels – medically, emotionally, physically and financially. Hopefully this leads to more research and resources for couples faced with infertility because it will no longer be a quiet disease.
Over 2.5 years ago, this was something I was too afraid to admit, because once I did, it would officially be part of my story. Although all our doctor visits, shots, medical bills and tears should be proof enough of our situation. I never wanted this to be part of my story, and I can’t say I do yet, but I am thankful for the way God is working through me to use it for His glory.
Let’s Connect Instagram
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.