I want to share one of Ry and I’s favorite traditions we’ve done almost every year since we met.
It’s a program called Operation Christmas Child organized through Samaritan’s Purse. It’s such a simple way to make a lasting impact on the life of a child you may or may never meet. It’s what E+DAY is all about.
- It starts with a shoe box.
- Next, pick the gender and age of the child you want to shop for.
- Then, it’s time to buy the items you want to put in the box! Here’s a comprehensive list of ideas. One item I like to include is a hand-written note.
- Once your box is packed, find your closest drop-off location and deliver your box.
- Lastly, and most importantly, once your box is on its merry way, pray for the child receiving it and those who are distributing the boxes.
I’ve included links above with information to get involved. This week is national collection week, but there is still time to pack a box! If you do, be sure to use the hashtag #ipackedashoebox #operationchristmaschild.
What are some of your favorite holiday giving traditions?
Not sure what E+DAY is? Check out this page for more info… I know you are curious!
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.
[blog_subscription_form title=”Join Our Community” subscribe_button=”Let’s Go!”]