I want to share one of Ry and I’s favorite traditions we’ve done almost every year since we met. It’s a program called Operation Christmas Child organized through Samaritan’s Purse. It’s such a simple way to make a lasting impact on the life of a child.
The ability to give, without expecting or getting in return, is an unmatched experience. Knowing someone else gets to feel love and joy, all because of a simple gift, a simple act, is humbling. That’s the ability and power we have with giving.
Having Crosbee brings a whole new meaning to the items we donate. They aren’t just going to some random child we can’t relate to. They are going to a child who’s just like our little girl. I can’t wait until she’s old enough to understand what this tradition is all about!
How It Works
- It starts with a shoe box.
- Next, pick the gender and age of the child you want to shop for.
- Then, it’s time to buy the items you want to put in the box! Here’s a comprehensive list of ideas.
- Once your box is packed, find your closest drop-off location and deliver your box.
- Lastly, and most importantly, once your box is on its merry way, pray for the child receiving it and those distributing the boxes.
While the deadline for Operation Christmas Child has passed (it’s typically done in November), I share to bring awareness and inspire you for next year.
What are some of your favorite holiday giving traditions?
Not sure what E+DAY is? Check out this page for more info… I know you are curious!
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.