You all know I’m a MAJOR fan of encouragement. That’s why I created E+DAY, a day set aside on the 14th of each month, focusing on spreading encouragement. I picked the 14th of every month because that’s the date of my birthday, which happens to be today!
A Return Package
I recently purchased some items online, but had to return a few of them.
As I got my return papers ready, the idea came to me to write a word of encouragement on the packing slip sheet that goes inside the bag. Being a writer and lover of encouragement, the mostly blank sheet of paper was just waiting to be wrote on. So, I did.
My hope was that the words written on that slip of paper would be just the message whoever opened the package needed to hear that day.
It got me thinking, there are many mundane, ordinary things we do in life that can provide a unique opportunity to encourage others. My packing slip is a prime example. Here are a few more to get your creative juices going:
- When you’re on the phone talking with customer service, ask them if there is anything you can pray for with them
- When you’re depositing a check, leave a note of encouragement in the deposit envelope
- Write a few words of inspiration on the receipt of your restaurant bill
- Leave a sticky note on the mirror at a hotel room, locker room, etc.
- When returning a library book, include a small notecard with a hopeful message
These are all simple, mundane, ordinary things we might experience throughout our day. And yet, they hold the power to encourage, inspire and lift others up in ways that only God could orchestrate.
What are some other mundane ways you have or could encourage others today?
Not sure what E+DAY is? Check out this page for more info… I know you are curious!
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.