While I’m not currently navigating infertility, it doesn’t change how important National Infertility Awareness Week is to me. Infertility will always be a part of my story. Therefore, I want to continue raising awareness and having discussions to help others navigate infertility.
This year’s theme is #whatiwantyoutoknow.
- Did you know that 1 in 8 couples have trouble conceiving? It means someone you know, has or is currently going through this.
- There’s much to still uncover when it comes to infertility: people’s stories, ways to make the process better and additional resources to support and treat people as a whole.
- Infertility is an experience, not your identity.
- The best way to describe infertility is doing everything you can and should to achieve an outcome but despite doing everything right and putting forth your best efforts, you never get there. Put that on repeat for months and years on-end. Makes sense as to why it’s so exhausting, right?
- Infertility can be transformative, but the only way that can happen is if we invite God into our experience.
- Not all roads lead to IVF when trying to get pregnant. Other restorative reproductive health options, such as NaProTechnology exist, but aren’t widely discussed.
- While I’m not sure I will ever say I’m thankful for infertility, the journey is the catalyst that radically changed my life as a human being, wife, friend, entrepreneur and eventual mom.
- My heart aches for everyone navigating infertility. I know I can’t fix or solve your situation, but please know I stand as a witness to your pain. I see you, hear you, feel you and validate what you are thinking and feeling.
- You aren’t alone. Send me an email or a message on social media. I’d love to connect.
- You can live in the wait.
I have a page on my site – Start Here – and list several resources to guide and encourage those navigating infertility, as well as their support team of friends and family. I hope they prove to be helpful and hopeful. Please pass them along to anyone you know who could benefit.
A big focus of this week is sharing your story to bring awareness about infertility. Through Living in the Wait, I’ve had the fortunate opportunity to share our story. Learn more about our journey with the following links.
- Our Infertility Story in All It’s Glory – Podcast
- Medical Update – Blog post
- Weekly Warrior Sharing Our Story – Blog post
- NIAW 2018 interview – Video
The Wait List
In addition, I’ve also had the privilege of sharing other people’s stories through a series called The Wait List. This features guest posts all sharing a common thread of infertility and waiting. Read their inspiring and encouraging stories here.
A BIG thank you to all of you for your support and love throughout our journey and beyond. Thank you for walking with us. Above all, you allowed us to uncover infertility in a safe and supportive environment. It makes all the difference and is appreciated more than I can say.
Please share with someone you know who could use some encouragement in the wait.